Become's $25 Free Clicks Offer
To get more information on the $25 free clicks offer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest Blogger: Greg Haslam from Become.com
Unlike other shopping engines, Become will not raise our rates for the 2009 holiday season. We have historically preferred to give our merchant partners control of their campaign strategy during this peak shopping period, and this year is no exception.
We feel it important to provide our retail partners the flexibility to adjust their bid rates on a campaign, category, or individual product level in order to optimize their listings-- especially during the critical Holiday season. This pricing strategy is based around an individual retailer’s own internal goals and performance rather than a forced increase across the board.
Logo Program Promotion
We are also decreasing the cost to participate in our logo program by half for the month of November, in order to make ancillary branding opportunities on Become.com more available for merchants with various budgets to try out.
Become’s Datafeed Optimization Tips:
- Merchants should always provide images and categories; missing either component will result in artificially down-ranked listings
- Map as deeply as possible into the Become taxonomy-- GoDataFeed has all of Become's categories built-in to its software, making it easy to categorize products
- The more unique identifiers one can provide, the better. Do not provide false unique identifiers just to populate the columns (e.g., 123456789 for UPC). If no data is available you can 1) leave the field(s) blank 2) omit the entire column, or 3) use internal numbers as SKUs under the SKU headers
- Make sure the titles are clear and concise, while important keywords are placed at the beginning of the fields; include descriptive keyword information in the product descriptions as well (size, color, brand, etc).
- Bid up a minimum of one cent for a quick boost to surpass those bidding at the minimums; depending on the category, bids can become competitive quickly—reviewing your bid strategy is important (especially during high shopping peaks like the holidays)
- Free shipping can be indicated by entering “0” in the shipping cost fields
Provide tax and shipping information when possible. If tax is not charged in one or more states, use “0” to indicate as such in your merchant dashboard
- Logo placement is available on Become.com to merchants who are bidding competitively to positively affect their ranking.
- Update your listings as frequently as possible. Inaccurate pricing information will quickly harm conversions
- Become.com offers a free ROI tracker that is integrated into their merchant dashboard reporting and helps optimize listings